PVC Windows have many, many different benefits and advantages over other window materials. Some of the main benefits and advantages are listed below:
- Excellent weather resistance: PVC doors and windows withstand various kinds of weather conditions and UV rays. It does not require any special maintenance.
- Excellent heat insulation: With heat insulation at least 2.2 times better than Aluminium windows, PVC windows and doors let you save a lot of energy, and keep your home cool and comfortable. This can be further enhanced by the use of gas filled Double Glazed Units and/or different types of glass.
- Excellent sound proofing: Multiple chambers inside the profile structure for a sound reduction between 33 and 43 dB. This can be further enhanced by the use of gas filled Double Glazed Units and/or different types of glass.
- Corrosion resistance: PVC windows and doors can withstand the aggressive city environment and the humidity of a beach area residence. Timber and metal frames are normally subject to rotting, rusting and corroding. This cannot happen to plastics frames.
- Excellent fire proofing: The polymer profile systems are fully self extinguishing. Resists Combustion - Plastics frames will only burn when subjected to an intense fire source.
- Attractive appearance: With a smooth surface and properly welded corners, PVC windows and doors show a modern window design. Design Capabilities - It is possible to produce most styles of window, including tilt & turn, vertical sliding sash, pivot, fully reversible and traditional casement windows in a variety of finishes.
- Environmentally friendly and recyclable: The plastics frame materials are recyclable into alternative applications and are also energy efficient in production. And unlike timber, there is no adverse effect on the world’s rain forests.
- Cost Competitive: Plastics windows are long lasting and virtually maintenance free and therefore are the most cost-effective option.
- Low Maintenance: The pristine appearance of plastics windows and doorsets is maintained by an occasional cleaning with mild detergent such as soapy water. Some items of window hardware (e.g. hinges and handles) may need occasional lubrication in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations.
- No Painting: Unlike timber frames, finished plastics frames never need repainting or re-staining. PVC windows can be made in many different colours.
- Colour Fast: Plastics frame materials are subjected to rigorous tests to ensure that the appearance of the frames will not deteriorate with time.
- No Warping or Twisting: Unlike timber, plastics frames do not warp, twist or split.